X-Acto School Pro Heavy-Duty Electric Sharpener (1670) Review
Having a durable construction and carbon steel sharpened blades, this sharpener is part of one of the most recognized brands in the pencil sharpening industry. That is why, with the help of this device, you can sharpen your pencils perfectly, even if they are of different sizes.
- The sharpener has a patented fly-away cutter which prevents over-sharpening
- The motor is heavy duty and silent
- It is designed with a multiple size pencil selector
- The receptacle is extra large and you can see through it
- It features and extra-durable outer case
- It has a SafeStart that prevents the sharpener to operate when the receptacle is removed
- The sharpener does not draw electricity if it is not used
- It comes with a 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- Click here to see more features
The X-Acto School Pro Heavy-Duty Electric Sharpener (1670) is ideal for classroom use. Thanks to its quiet operation, you will be able to sharpen pencils without disrupting the students or any person who is in the same room while you are sharpening pencils. The hardened helical cutter provides rounded pencil points which are ideal for younger students.
Since safety is an important part when working in schools, especially with younger students, this sharpener is designed with a patented fly-away cutter that stops when the pencil is sharp enough and ready to be used.
The multiple size pencil selector is perfect for various pencil sizes, including big color pencils that children use at school. Moreover, it is perfect for both teachers and students, as the device is easy and safe to use.
The shaving receptacle of this sharpener is extra large and transparent so that you can see when it fills and needs to be cleaned. Moreover, the outer case is extra-durable, which is perfect for an environment where there can be many children around.
Many of this sharpener’s users were happy with the results that it provided. Its great features make it perfect for classroom use, even for younger students. That is why many teachers appreciate it.
The (1670) Sharpener has been reviewed by over 2700 customers on Amazon and has a respectable average customer rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.0.
“This is a great sharpener for heavy use. I’m an art teacher. That means 100+ students per day using this sharpener. We even use it for colored pencils (cheap ones.) DO NOT put the high-dollar colored pencils in it. They will sharpen just fine but leave sticky residue on the blades.
However, even HS kids will disregard the warnings and feed the Prismacolors into this thing anyway. 10-yr warranty means it will be replaced even if the students abuse it. Great bargain, easy to use, easy to empty, and works great.”
Viki P, Amazon Customer Review
“This is a great product. I bought it for my elderly mother who does a lot of drawing. She has trouble with battery-powered sharpeners and the small size of them. This is a substantial, heavier product and will stay in place to sharpen just about any pencil. Note the head for different pencil sizes. She loves it!”
Slim2U, Amazon Customer Review
- The fly-away cutter which prevents over-sharpening
- The multiple size pencil selector and the SafeStart are a few of the advantages that this sharpener brings.
- It’s an affordable and quality unit that will make your life easier when it comes to sharpening pencils in the classroom.
- The cutters may become dull and you may have to replace them. However this is the expectation with any similar unit.
In a nutshell, the X-Acto School Pro Heavy-Duty Electric Sharpener (1670) has great features and is perfect for classroom use. The pencils will be perfectly sharpened, but with a slight rounded point, so that children can use them safely. I recommend this unit to any teacher who wants to be able to have pencils sharpened in silence. Click here to see the latest rating and price on Amazon.
Read more information on how to pick the best electric pencil sharpener for your needs on the Homepage.